At this time of year, I am eager to educate my patients on the importance of keeping their immune system working well. No one like to get effected by the variety of bugs that are prevalent at this time of year.
Here are some sure fire tips to keep in mind especially at this time of year:
1. Wash your hands after touching doorknobs and be careful putting your fingers in your eyes, or anywhere else on your face.
2. Wear a scarf, especially if you have a tendency for sore throats when you get the flu. It makes a difference!
3. Avoid getting exhausted. Maintaining your energy so that your immune system is able to fight off what comes your way is important. It is a fact that chronically tired people get sick more often. Come in for an assessment and I will get you on track!
4. Make an extra effort to eat foods that naturally promote immunity. Here are some ideas:
- chopped up garlic (let it sit on the counter for 1o minutes before you use it so there can be a release of certain potent enzymes)
- onions- lots of them!
- ginger in your cooking, and also to drink as a tea (use fresh, organic ginger)
- powdered barley greens (can pick up at most natural health food stores)- it is high in B2 and B6- important or the immune system in being able to react, and B9 (folic acid) which is critical for cell health
- foods rich in Vitamin C: berries, brussel sprouts, citrus fruits, kiwi, bell peppers and pineapple to name a few!
- Come in and receive homeopathic injectable remedies and get some immune supportive shots to give you a boost!
Apply some of these tips above to get started on keeping your immunity thriving!
Why not make this the best year ever – and do all you can to stay healthy—which inevitably leads to greater happiness, and more time and energy to do the things you love in life! Feel free to book your appointment to consult with me at your convenience to create an IMMUNE BOOSTING PLAN here or call the office at 604-731-7789.
Best in health and happiness,
Dr. Alexina Mehta, ND