So all the hype about Kale..well, the good news is that it is all that it is cracked up to be. It contains pro-health nutrients including sulforaphane, an important chemical that helps boost the detoxification enzymes. One of my favorite ways of eating kale is described in the recipe below…Enjoy and let me know how it goes 🙂
1 bunch kale
2 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Remove the leaves from the stems.
3. Wash and dry with salad spinner or clean towels.
4. Tear or cut kale into bite sized pieces.
5. Drizzle olive oil on kale and sprinkle with a little pepper and minimal salt to taste.
6. Bake until the edges brown slightly but not burnt- about 10-15 minutes.
7. Sprinkle with some more pepper or your favorite spices.
Eat within a day- if you keep over night in the fridge it loses it’s crisp, although still usable in salads etc.