Dear Doc, I often get jet lag. What can help that is natural?
Doc: Follow these tips to minimize jet lag and maximize your time away!
Love to travel?
Jet lag can take away from the precious time you have reserved for your trip. The result is fatigue, dizziness, nausea and feeling like you’re “hung over.”
Lets start with what to do before you you fly:
- Eat 2 garlic cloves (and maybe some peppermint tea afterwards! 😉
- Take vitamin C and some other immune supporting herbs- see your Naturopathic doctor with respect to what herbs are suitable for you
- Ensure you are hydrated
Hydration is important:
- Drink 1 cup of water every hour and add electrolyes like Emergen-C
- Avoid caffeinated beverages, alcohol and sweet drinks
- Use a saline spray to keep your nasal passages moist
Circulation-walk as much as you can during the flight
- Exercise in your seat every hour or more – ie. stretches, moving your feet, hands and shoulders, flex your anklesGrounding exercises
- The fact you are up in the air and not on the ground may contribute to jetlag according to some
- Line each shoe with a piece of brown paper
- visualize your feet and tailbone grounding to the earth and your roots are connecting to the earth
- Regulating Sleep-Wake Cycles-set your watch to your new time as soon as you board the plane
- Aim to get as much sunshine as you can once you arrive at your destination
- sleep only when it is dark
- to reset the pineal gland there are some remedies that work well, consult your naturopathic doctor for which one is suitable for you
NO Jetlag Homeopathic Remedy
I love this remedy! It works for many of my patients. Take it when you take off and then every 2 hours after on the flight if you can. You can purchase at various health food stores.
Try these tools and give us a call for a more customized approach. And of course, best wishes on your travels!
Best in health,
Dr. Alexina Mehtawww.dralexinamehta.com
I always use No Jet Lag when I travel..along with several of the other suggestions here..and it works!…minimal flying effects even after 14 hour flights