A simple diet with occasional light fasting can go a long way in creating deep, peaceful state of being. One should avoid food habits that scatter the mind or overheat the body and this deplete yin fluids as known in hinese medicine. Too many ingredients in meals, spicy and rich foods aswell as sugars, caffeine, large evening meals and late night eating contribute to having a busy mind.
What you can eat to support a peaceful state:
1. Oatstraw tea/Oat groat tea- contains silicon whihc improve calcium metabolism and strengthen nerve and heart tissue.
2. Mulberries and lemons calm the mind aswell as Schisandra berries are considered in chinese medicine to calm the spirit and assist in insomnia nad memory recall and concentration.
3. Chia seeds have a sedative action.
4. Dill and basil can be used in cooking to have a calming effect.
5. Herbs of Chamomile, Catnip and Scullcap is helpful for the nervous person or one who has difficulty sleeping.
Try these suggestions and let me know how it goes!
Leave a Reply